"Straight man" Chronicles - Ep.4


Remember when we was real good?
Remember when you had ask me how I looking so pretty?
I remember.
Remember when we were organizing the party in the Basin?
I remember bcuz you come and sit down next to me on the couch bcuz yur feet were hurting.
And me being the good Christian woman that I AM IS, give you a foot rub all the while playing with yuh toes and singing 'this little piggy goes to market"?
It wasn't sexual.
It was innocent.
Remember when we didn't say hello or goodbye without a hug?
I remember.
Not NOw.
Now yuh does pass me straight like I do yuh something.
Now yuh does watch me cross-eyed when I passing amidst the Beers and the Roti, the Smirnoff and the Corn Soup, or the Tequila and the Tacos on the Avenue.
My loss I guess.
How yuh brother?
I hear he living in a whole house, with a whole man in foreign.
Better yuh keep yuh good eye on he bcuz from what I hear he might be pregnant jes now and very soon.
Not to mention the ...ayyyyyyy REDACT REDACT REDACT!!!!
If anymore of this file open the public go do a maths.
Mih sinus done start to act up from all this dust.
Ah gone!
Respectfully,
Records and Registration.



Life - It ain't easy but it sweet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Folktales Flash Fiction Friday. - Cue: root, fruit, truth, youth, brute

Makeup Talk - Excerpt from makeup article for online magazine.

Excerpt from short story 'Good Dining'