Salty Porky Facebook! POST COVID I comin!

So IF you know me you'd know that I had a magical childhood.
I spent many an evening scrambling to do homework running between piano lessons and state dinners at the President's house or awards at the Prime Minister's residence.
While most were in bed I was struggling to keep my eyes open as limbo dancers twirled by flambeau or jumping out of sleep's grasp, startled, when audiences erupted in ovation.
Yes that's me, International superstar before I was even a teen.
Some TV stations still play my music video at Christmas time; cute as can be in my duck-egg-blue bowtie and cummerbund to match.
As a result of my early adventures, constant rehearsals and a few other things, very early on I became the friend that's not coming.
Especially these days, where I big and fat, if it's not something real easy and casual like going to Starbucks to people watch or to the movies or beach, I'm not coming.
I've been on lockdown now for at least 6 months, or at least that's the way it feels.
I was indoors a week before it was mandatory taking a much-needed break as a carnival worker.
In all this time I've probably clocked a total of 6 hours out of the house doing errands like grocery/ pharmacy runs and 2 essential bizness runs.
Very soon I may start to talk to the spiders behind the linen closet or chirp back at the damn geckos that seem to be everywhere.
All of this to say POST LOCKDOWN call me up, I dressing and coming.
If yuh child graduating from 1st year to 2nd year I comin.
If yuh fig tree dead I comin.
If yuh church have tea party I comin.
If yuh phone case mash up I comin.
If yuh sharing cut ass becuz yuh son burn the pelau and leave the pot soaking a week now I comin.
If granny cyah find she teeth I comin.
If the goat that does be eating up yuh cabbage dem get a vision like dat's so Raven, and try to run before he end up in a curry I comin.
Call me.
I looking for mih bow tie and cummerband bcuz I comin!


Life - It ain't easy but it sweet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Folktales Flash Fiction Friday. - Cue: root, fruit, truth, youth, brute

Makeup Talk - Excerpt from makeup article for online magazine.

Excerpt from short story 'Good Dining'