Flash Fiction - Doubles and Thanos


Well Hear nah. Is because being a Trini is really something special that you can’t explain to anyone else in the world nah.
We are undefeated at every turn yuh know.
Is shit, after shit and what we doing? Well if we ain’t laughing we wining, if we ain’t wining we on the beach drinking rum.
How you mean how I mean?
You ain’t hear?
Girl, I busy out on the Charlotte this morning I say let me get in town and buy some extra panty for the chirren.
Well yuh know since they home from school is only ramp and skin whole day and I decide they ain’t go hurt up my head with a setta laundry every other day so.
How you mean?
Nah I cyah see dem clothes pile up; is every other day I does be running that washing machine.
You real boldface, is what I buy it for?
Anyway so girl I now put the little panty and dem in mih bag and I run across the road.
No girl mih Massy bag.
You know I doh leave home without it.
Ha! You right Massy ain't know what they do when they start  with dem bag; and where yuh see over the Christmas I get about 3 free with mih purchases is now self I have bag.
Yes so the panty dem in mih gracious Massy bag and I say let me pop een by All In One because I want two plastic hamper for the very same laundry.  Well yuh know me I could never just go out for one thing so I say to myself they must still have some of those Christmas decorations upstairs.
Let me see if I get some little leave overs nah that didn’t sell out, it might be cheap.
Yuh know how I love mih Christmas.
As I heading up the stairs I hear a woman say how the KFC closed from tomorrow. I ain’t study it too much because the tinsel and glitter fern on mih mind. They had some really nice things last year yuh know, little snow things for on the tree: acorn and such.
Well same speed the same woman who was talking about the KFC come up the stairs behind me and now she saying everything closed because dem doubles vendor dem was getting on too antsy.
Well you know yuh friend cyah hush so I turn and tell her they only right to get on antsy.
I say “yuh ent find it too glaring only the 1 percenters business open? If Starbucks essential who is to say doubles not essential? PLUS doubles design for curbside delivery. I ent get them wrong for being vex”.
Dahlin the woman make mih bawl out when she tell me that now because of the doubles people Rowley play THANOS, gather up all the infinity stone dem and “CLICK!” all food business disappear.
Yes girl but you don’t watch the news? Everything closed until month-end. 
How you mean who Thanos? Thanos nah, the man from dem chirren movie.
Hear nah I don’t know why I does bother call you. You like you living under a rock.
Anyway I hadda go. I feeling to eat some bird.
Look for me on d news later I going down by KFC to make d whole scenes.


Life - It ain't easy but it sweet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Folktales Flash Fiction Friday. - Cue: root, fruit, truth, youth, brute

Excerpt from short story 'Good Dining'

Makeup Talk - Excerpt from makeup article for online magazine.