Salty Pork Facebook! - Chicken Rage Edition

De way people was running out of Massy yesterday with tray upon tray of fried chicken really made me stop and think about the kind of people were are as Trinidadians.
What hurt me the most about the display is that no one seemed to care that I too stood in the line and waited for said chicken.
Finally when I realized that I wouldn't be getting any I was so crushed that I sank to the floor in a fit of tears.
I decided that the only way to spend my grief would be to clearly roll from one end of Massy to the other.
A woman had the impertinence to lift the edge of her skirt and say to me "excuse me" politely while stepping over me as if I wasn't giving the greatest performance of my life.
How very dare she?
I received no sympathy or understanding from the security personnel at Massy as they tried to stop me and pick me up off the floor.
It was only when it was already 7 of them and I heard them radio for backup that I thought I better make a quiet exit for my mother's sake.
Never one to be un-mannerly I thanked everyone for their kind attention and assured them that I'd be back today to secure a tray of chicken.
Of course not before kicking over an entire trolley of eggs that a young man was attempting to pack out in the chiller.
Crick crack...



Life - It ain't easy but it sweet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Folktales Flash Fiction Friday. - Cue: root, fruit, truth, youth, brute

Excerpt from short story 'Good Dining'

Makeup Talk - Excerpt from makeup article for online magazine.